Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Must Have New Books: the Sequel

Wow, you guys are most awesome! Only the best of friends would feed my addiction ... er, I mean, passion for books. If you're wondering what I'm talking about, see this post.

I made myself a list that should keep me entertained for awhile. Looks like the consensus is that I should finish out the Fablehaven series (I've only read the first, but Elisabeth and I just discovered that there's a 4th; she's excited!).

Julie--Is Your Mama a Llama? is most favored at our house as well, followed closely by Llama Llama Mad at Mama. And have no fear, you will hear from me again soon regarding more suggestions. LOL

Robby--Of course I haven't read Team of Rivals yet, because I usually have to make myself read nonfiction. I don't know why, because I generally like what I do pick out. I think sometimes it's just the thought of actually figuring out what to read--waaaay too many options, I don't like to browse nonfiction. So, I now have this title waiting to be picked up at the library. And as to my writing, this blog is the extent of it. I keep thinking I would like to do more with it, but I wouldn't even know where to begin. Silly me!

And Carrie--I should have called you a long time ago. Where was my head at? I've read some Pollifax books, but couldn't remember the main character's name (you should have heard me trying to come up with that) or the author, so it made them rather difficult to find. I've read all the Tamora Pierce books, and love them, especially the Trickster series (you're right: the Circle of Magic just weren't as good). I've thought I should try out Robert Jordan, but could never figure out which end was up. I know now. And I'll let you try out the Looking Glass books first. Just finished Alice in Wonderland and wasn't too fond.

Meanwhile, many thanks to all. If I don't post for awhile, you know why. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment