Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Our New Addition

We've had our faithful Wonderdog, Junebug, for about 3 years now. We got her from Second Chance, and she's totally awesome: came house-trained, cat-trained, obedient, and well-behaved. Plus, she puts up with our kids' antics. We love our Junebug!
So, we decided to get her a pet. Okay, not really. But when we were at Medieval Fair, a rescue organization had this fabulous dog out, and we all fell in love with him.
His name is Jonah, and he's a two-year-old greyhound who flunked out of racing school. He weighs about 70 lbs, and is supposed to stay long and lean like this (and like Junebug, too!). He puts up with our kids' craziness, he likes running with Junebug, and he's soft, soft, soft. He arrived at our house today, and we love him already!

Did I mention he's gianormous?


Puppy play and puppy kisses rock!

3 comments:

  1. that is a beautiful dog and it's so big!! I think I might come borrow him to go running, is that OK?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay...guess I shoulda checked the blog before the facebook comment on if his ribs should be showing! Ha! He's absolutely beautiful. Fits right in with the rest of the bunch!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh you ROCK! I have been wanting to adopt one of these guys for years! I did a lot of research a while back and decided they are totally awesome. I'm up to my eyeballs in pets right now, so it ain't gonna happen at our house, but I'm so pleased that I can now live vicariously through you! What a gorgeous dog! He doesn't look too huge to me, but then I had a German Shepherd as my constant companion for about 14 years. What a fun friend for your kids and Junebug. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete