Thursday, April 2, 2009

Big Apple, Big Plans

Bob has some work in NYC. He's going to fly me out for a weekend. The tickets are bought. I'm totally stoked.

It'll be like a honeymoon. Since we didn't have one. Well, we did. It involved a couple of days in a nice hotel, followed by some camping out. Obviously, we were poor penniless church mice, but we didn't care and we loved it. It's okay. We wouldn't have appreciated a honeymoon then as much as we will now, 5 kids and all the college years later. Did I mention sometimes it feels like we're still penniless? I love hotel and airline points! But I digress.

I already asked for ideas in Facebook, but my faithful readership is a little different here. Well, it includes people who aren't on Facebook, anyway. So what do we want to do on our little getaway? A Broadway show and the Statue of Liberty--definitely! But which Broadway show, and what else should we do and see and eat? Yeah, now we're at the heart of the matter: food.

Any ideas out there in cyberland?

4 comments:

  1. Carl and I went to Spamalot and really liked it. Then we ate at Junior's...I don't like cheesecake much but even I couldn't resist it! YUM.

    When I went with my SIL, our favorite thing was heading over to Chelsea to go to the building that holds the Food Network. They have great little food shops all along the bottom floor. If you love Alton Brown as much as I do, you'll get a kick out of seeing where he has done some of his Good Eats food shots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um Food, well I like the above option.... Food Network, always a good choice. I saw the Statue Of Liberty..... wow, Ellis Island was even better. Great for Family History moments. My grandparents came through there. Lady Liberty was cramped, hot and totally not what I expected. BUT STILL WAY COOL! Have fun, I am so happy for you. Who has got your kiddos?

    ReplyDelete
  3. As I read I kept waiting for you to mention the "food" questions..where to eat! C'mon isn't that what we all think about? LOL!! I wish I could tell you what to do and where to go, but never been. I sure hope I can go there with Joey one day soon since he goes for work also!
    Have a great, great time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i missed that discussion on facebook. if you're into chinese food, definitely visit china town. :) You can ask Heather Smith-- she could tell you all about nyc since she lived there for so long. When are you going? I'll be only 5 hours away from you! ;) That's really funny.

    ReplyDelete