I was missing Sariah so much that on my first solo afternoon in NYC, I decided to pay tribute to her love of quackies by taking a NYC Duck Bus-Boat Tour. Crazy, I know. I'm certainly not a very refined tourist. Bob's work friends think I could have at least picked a Screamer, whatever that is. But no, the quacker it is for Tracy. It started out as a bus, but then became a boat. The middle of the tour was the Aqua-Theater, where they showed us a little film about NYC while they washed off the bottom of the bus, so it could be an environmentally safe boat (the company got sued by some environmentalists a few years back for putting nasty city buses unwashed into the Hudson River; I did think the guide's point that when it rains all the nasty city bus stuff washes into the Hudson River anyway was a valid point, too).

I think my tour guide felt sorry for me because I was apparently all alone in NYC. Of course, I wasn't. Bob was just at work. And I kind of liked wandering around without anybody to get in the way of all my harebrained ideas. Anyhow, the tour guide really liked having me pose for pictures. It was worse than going to a professional photographer.


I was especially impressed when the guide sang "Oklahoma" for me (that was the only line he knew), and then nicknamed me Oklahoma, and then let me drive the Duck Bus-Boat. I even got a certificate for being a Jr. Captain, appropriately made out to "Oklahoma."
You are so hilarious. I love this post. Awesome you got to drive!!
ReplyDeleteI loved being "alone" in NYC, too! I had so much fun exploring while Carl was at his conference.
ReplyDeleteGlad you got some special treatment, OKIE!
Too funny. I also wander the streets alone when I go with my hubby on business trips. I love it.
ReplyDeleteTracy...how cute! You look so cute & like you are having so much fun. I'm so glad you got to go.
ReplyDelete