Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Carnegie's

I've been waiting for Bob to run this errand for me, so I could post this pic.

So, on my next-to-last day in NYC, my brother, Chad, recommended I try out Carnegie's Deli. We'd already made plans to go eat in the Hell's Kitchen area on Sunday (we had yummy hamburgers!), so I went by myself on Monday afternoon before I flew out. I regretted not bringing my camera along for the ride.

But I told Bob he should go try it out just to see the sandwiches they serve there. He thought I was exaggerating, the bum. However, he was kind enough (thank you, thank you) to photograph his sandwich for me, just so I could share it with you all. JSKY, that's a small sandwich. When I ate there, I'm not kidding when I say I peeled about 2/3 of the meat off my sandwich, just so I could get it into my mouth.

Chad says the cheesecake there is pretty yummy, too. He wanted me to bring some home for him. But alas, Bob and I were both too full to try it out.

And they say everything is big in Texas!

3 comments:

  1. Love that place... Tricia and I want to have their stuff shipped to us, but they're so big, it would cost a small fortune.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's HUGE! and i'm sure the picture doesn't do it justice. I have always dreamt of going to NY...maybe one day...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That makes my poor TMJ-laden jaws HURT just looking at it. I'm glad it was yummy.

    ReplyDelete