Lizzi's Open House at her school took place this evening. I'm just going to say, in my excitement, that I could not be more pleased on a variety of levels.
Loved the structure--parents were escorted by their students through their bell schedule. The teachers were friendly, open, and professional; didn't meet a single staff or teacher whom I didn't like. The school was clean and functional and well-organized. There wasn't the feeling of The Dread & Dreary Middle School.
Oddly, and Bob agreed when I mentioned it, the students at this school seem much younger than the middle schoolers where we were coming from. I don't think I saw any inappropriate dress, and I noticed very little make up on the girls. They seemed so fresh and clean instead of somewhat jaded.
It was just a really pleasing and pleasant experience overall. I'm super excited to be a part of it, and especially happy for my kiddos. Not so nervous about sending my boys to middle school after all.
It's the tender mercy of my day, I think. And helps me to get over those what-have-we-done moments that still happen now and again. Lol!
No comments:
Post a Comment