I'm still wondering from time to time what the freak I've done to my poor children by moving out here.
Today was the first day of school for the four oldest. As with most places and situations, some things are better here and some things are worse.
For example, I am really struggling with how the schools communicate here ... or don't. The bus stop for all the schools was at the same place at the same time. But the buses didn't show up at the same time, and I'm sure I completely humiliated my middle schooler with my lack of info. I was also the only mom out there because I had the boys and they are too young to find the bus stop themselves on the first day of school. Lizzi's bus also involves some sort of switch somewhere along the way. Gee, I sure hope she made it to the right school today. Poor baby.
Meanwhile, it was Hannah's first day of high school. She was a nervous wreck. And I sent her in all by her lonesome. At the wrong door. The 9th graders here have their own building, but apparently (and again, I didn't get the memo) you still drop them off at the "big" building.
Oh my heck, my poor children!
And how am I supposed to be excited for Hannah's first day of high school when I'm worried sick about her?
I'm pretty sure this day is going to involve some chocolate. Is it really only 10 am?
Breathe deeply, inhale, exhale! Some day you'll all laugh about this... I know from experience. I've learned that the Norman schools bus system is amazing especially when compared to others. Make a great dinner and dessert for tonight so you can all sit down and process together. You will get through this. On the first day of school most kids are lost and nervous and stumble around, most kids are so caught up in themselves they hardly notice anyone else.
ReplyDelete