Thursday, August 25, 2011

And There's More ... or Less?

Even though I really didn't want to leave the house yesterday, I also managed to drag myself, with Sam in tow, over to Weight Watchers at 8 (flippin') o'clock in the morning.  My first meeting.

There was less of me to report in.  That's a good thing.

Sam cried the entire time.  Until I bought him snacks.  Then he stopped crying, but wouldn't let me put him down.

I ran into a new friend from church (and quilting) there.  That made me smile.

I am really glad I went.  I got several good ideas (write the points value on all the food you have in the house, because sometimes looking it up in the moment doesn't sound like such a good idea).  I met a man who'd lost 155 lbs!  Clearly, he has far more self-control than I do.  I have 50 lbs to go, and some days it feels like an insurmountable mountain.  But I'm super committed!  I have been so good since last Friday.  I have counted every point, and shunned the worst of the worst.  Although.  I did buy a box of frozen Reese's Peanut Butter Cup treats at Sam's two days ago that remain unopened because I'm saving them.  For Family Home Evening.  They're new; it's good to try new things.  Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, and as a reward!  After all, even WW tells you not to make yourself feel deprived.  (And, no, I have absolutely NOT gotten around to calculating the points for those; don't be ridiculous!)  Anyway, I got a little distracted there...the point is I'm strong, I'm committed, I'm still excited. That's a good thing, too.

It's good to know I'm doing some of the right things to keep me functioning.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment