Saturday, August 6, 2011

Georgia

So, at last we have internet.  I love my little iPhone, but I'm a full keyboard kinda girl, I guess.

Plus, my beloved little iPhone doesn't work so well out this way.  Apparently, AT&T is NOT the wireless carrier of choice, and for good reason, too.  Oh dear, I might have to get me a new, bigger, badder, more beloved little iPhone at a different carrier.  I am aghast at the possibility, I assure you.

Meanwhile, Georgia is treating us well.  On the day we left Oklahoma, the thermometer in my car read 113F.  What the heck!!  It was dryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy and hooooooooooooooot.  My OK friends will probably wish to flay me for saying this, but when we pulled into our new area on Thursday at 3 in the afternoon, my car read 74F, and it was pouring down buckets of rain.  People here keep asking me how I feel about the heat, but I think we shouldn't have packed our sweaters on the moving van.  But for my OK friends, the day after it poured, it was 97F, and like about a million percent humidity.  Hot is hot, but there is something to be said for dry heat ... except when it causes fires which I hear have been pretty terrible, but I digress, I think....

And getting back to the moving van.  It was supposed to be here on Friday.  And I was supposed to have furniture in my snug little apartment today.  But alas, as of this morning, the truck was still in Little Rock.  Little Rock?!  So, we are still sleeping on air mattresses and sitting on the floor.

But what I miss most of all is my washer and dryer.  They were supposed to be here today, remember.  I've had to do laundry at the laundromat.  Haven't had to do that in about 12 years.  Ugh, ugh, ugh.  Haven't had to climb stairs with all my groceries in about that long either ... fortunately, we are actually climbing down the stairs so it doesn't seem nearly so horrible.  And maybe I'll lose a few pounds (hahahahahaha).

Church tomorrow.  I am so looking forward to having friends again.  I must confess I have been a little lonely.  I had hoped to be able to call all my favorite people when I was feeling blue, but alas, my wireless carrier is flaky.  Must remedy that soon.

Post comments if you love me.  Because I seriously miss all you guys.  :(

3 comments:

  1. You know, if you were just going to pick up and move across the country, why didn't you move to Alaska? It's a great place to avoid the heat:) I mean, it's only 46 degrees here right now...

    Seriously, though, I miss you. I hope you are super happy on your new adventure. And I'm sure you'll have a million friends in no time (and plenty to do, because you are like that).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Georgia! Welcome to the more temperate climate of the east coast. Of course, just about anywhere is more temperate than Oklahoma. Honestly, I sometimes miss the unpredictable quality of OK weather, here there is hardly ever a "real" thunderstorm, at least from my perspective having grown up in OK. I hope you learn to love it really fast in GA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i miss you!!!!!! i just caught up on ALL of your posts. You are a hilarious writer. I actually feel like i just left your house after a visit. :) Will you email me your new address??? :) Hugs and love, me

    ReplyDelete