


We tried all sorts of poses to get the perfect picture of Rex's Very Exciting First Lost Tooth, but it didn't go too well until we hit upon the "grinchy face." For some reason, it just reminds me of the Grinch.
Maybe I have Christmas on my mind. Oh, that might be because the stores have had Christmas stuff out since June. Ridiculous.
Nope, I don't have my PhotoShop Software yet. But Bob came home for the weekend, and promptly located all the pictures on our computer in about 30 seconds. I swear, I hunted for them for like 30 minutes, and couldn't pull them up. It's a conspiracy, I'm telling you.
And for the record, Rex didn't care a lick that the Tooth Fairy brought him a dollar (which by the way, is about 4 times what the tooth fairy brought me when I was a girl, you know, back in the Olden Days). All he cared about was that she brought him a pack of gum. Sugar-free, of course; even the Tooth Fairy is PC these days.
Oh, but I've forgotten to tell you the whole story of the tooth-losing incident. Rex is lucky he got anything at all, since he had to write a note to the Tooth Fairy explaining that he'd lost his tooth all together; I mean, like he really lost it, not just that it fell out. First of all, the tooth somehow "got knocked out" on the seat in the bus on the way to school, but he managed to locate and save it. Rex found this very disturbing because for some reason, it's never occurred to him that a tooth actually falls out of your mouth when you lose a tooth. I know. Then, he somehow lost the tooth, out of its neat little carry-home-tooth-shaped container, when he got home from school, between the bus stop and the front door. Not really surprising when you consider, but still...we managed to find Hannah's lost tooth in a horse pasture. You'd think we could have found Rex's.
One thing's for sure, life is never dull with Rex around. Thank goodness the tooth fairy reads letters. And that she leaves gum behind, which is worth far more to Rex than any tooth will ever mean.
I lost a tooth at a slumber party in 1st grade. There was so much popcorn on the floor we were never able to find it!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations to Rex. Nathan will be so jealous.
thanks for making me laugh every day, Tracy! I love reading your blog. You are such a wonderful Mom and great story teller!
ReplyDeleteRex, you ROCK!