Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Is It Over Yet?

This day, I mean. Or maybe, better yet, the last 7 days.

  • Hannah did something bad to her tailbone. If she didn't break it, she bruised it up pretty badly. And there's nothing they can do for it. And this is my Pain-Is-BAD child.
  • Sariah is apparently behind on her shots, through no fault of my own. Argh!
  • One of my children (who shall remain nameless) punched a little girl on the bus today. Constant vigilance, constant vigilance! I let my guard down for a second. Double argh! Did you know that our public library had 157 children's books about bullies?
  • I haven't made it to the Y since Friday. I did say my workout plan was loosely organized, but this is taking it a bit far.
  • My van doesn't have AC, and it needed it today.
  • I still own my van, despite my best efforts not to.
Ok, ok. Now I ought to count my blessings, because they far outnumber my ... um ... inconveniences.
  • Gas went down 30 cents/gallon overnight. (Of course, it had gone up 40 cents/gallon over the weekend, but I'm counting my blessings here. It's still cheaper than it's been in a long while.)
  • We have no appointments scheduled tomorrow. (Isn't that like asking for one of the kids to break their leg, or get expelled from school, or something?)
  • Hannah says she's off her Harry Potter streak. Now she's moved on to the Baudelaires (that's Lemony Snickett). Kinda grim, but not so obsession-inspiring.
  • The kids are once again fascinated with PBS, instead of the Disney Channel.
  • My ginormous fish-tank snail is still alive, after days of me wondering about it. It ate a dead fish whole the other day. It probably felt too bloated to move for awhile.
  • We don't live near hurricane-prone areas. (Tornadoes, but no hurricanes, so who's complaining? Ask me about it again next spring, right? At least here, we just don't have time to flee from our homes. They just flee with us, all along to the 4 winds.)
  • My bag of goodies arrived from Christy yesterday, and I've already had to fight off the girls for the rights to my bag, which is perfect for hauling around my phone, keys, and debit card, by themselves or in the diaper bag or the monster purse. Christy, you rock! Thanks!
  • My camera software arrived, too. Now if I can just make it go!
  • Dr. Dad (that's my dad, not Bob), for answering all my medical queries, and Lyle the Tool-Man Dad for answering all my handyman disasters ... er situations.
  • Dr. Dad (that's my husband, not my dad) for hashing out all of my medical queries even further, and Bob the Always Available Listening Ear for all of my woes and trepidations.
  • And finally, 2 Nephi 4, which continues to pull me through all of my depressions, the really bad ones, and the not-so-bad, fleeting moments (or weekends, sometimes, but who's counting?).
So I don't count my blessings very well. Too many parentheses. But at least we know my sense of humor, however warped, is still intact. It's all good, right?

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you like you bag!

    Give Hannah my sympathies. It took me a full year before I wasn't in near constant pain from the infamous roller skating incident in 2006.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have Hannah try The Willougbys by Lois Lowry. It has a Lemony Snicketness about it, but I liked it more. But then I've never been a big fan of Lemony Snicket.

    Also--some of your text color settings make it nearly impossible to read with your lovely background.

    ReplyDelete