I have prided myself for not whining on this blog ... until now. Even the very best of us get humility from time to time. I'm just going to need a moment.
What? Is there something in the air this morning? Or is it because I left 4 of them yesterday afternoon with a babysitter, even one of the nicest, best babysitters in the world? Even accounting for that aberration in our schedule, they were still all in bed by 8 last night, and all asleep by 9, which is nothing short of miraculous. They were finally tired enough. I was so looking forward to this morning when they would all be wonderfully well-rested, and therefore obedient, cheerful, and happy, oh-so-happy to get on the bus and head to the magical world of learning.
Ok, I guess I have to confess that phrased that way, it does sound a wee bit far-fetched.
Ideals are good, though, right?
Unless you're a perfectionist. Then ideals become lead weights around your ankles.
So I guess I shouldn't be so shocked that not one of them wanted to get out of bed this morning, not even Farm Boy (Caleb) or Rex, the Eighth Wonder of the World. And I shouldn't be so flabbergasted that Hannah had a massive tummy ache, Elisabeth was too tired to move or try to make the bus, and Caleb's stomach hurt too much to go to school. Rex didn't want to eat his breakfast, either, but it was oatmeal, which never passes muster with him.
Did I mention that over the course of the morning, I discovered that Hannah has a presentation in speech & drama, and that both Caleb and Elisabeth a) have testing today, and b) didn't finish their homework (after telling me that they didn't have any last night)?
It's going to be a good day.
I'll probably have to go pick them up (in the pouring rain that might not get here now, see yesterday's post) because they're all throwing up at school ... but only because I've actually made them go to school.
Arrrrrrgh!!
Ok, I'm done raving like a lunatic now. Thank you for your time and consideration. I promise to post something more ... appropriate tonight.
Everyone is entitled to a good rant now and then, and that one sure sounds familiar. (Wow! I'm becoming quite the blog-stalker, aren't I?)
ReplyDeleteMelessa--Stalk away. At least I feel like someone is listening and feels my pain. Hope your life with children improves faster than mine appears to be. Hugs!
ReplyDelete