Yep, it was the 4th day of school. Exciting stuff, that. Guess how many of my 4 school-aged children actually went to school today?
All of them?! Hahahahahahahaha.
One.
Yes, one child. Rex went to kindergarten, probably because of the Big Bad Motorcycle in Mrs. W's room. And when I picked him up after school, instead of letting him ride the bus home, I casually asked how his day was. "It was the WORST MOST HORRIBLE DAY, and it was all because of you, because you came and ruined it!" I don't know about you, but I'm seeing a Mother-of-the-Year Award in there somewhere for me.
We picked up Rex after school so we could take Hannah to the doctor, because I was just certain she had strep throat. No way. Sinus infection. More antibiotics. Horse pills this time. I feel kinda sorry for her.
Elisabeth really did have a fever in the evening last night, and her tonsils really did look swollen, and she really did rest for the vast majority of the day. I'm pretty sure she would have done fine at school.
Caleb was faking it.
I know, I know. No one, including me, is surprised. But to my credit, he did spend almost all of his waking hours in bed being good.
Apart from the fact that I didn't get anything done that I actually planned to because there were 3 more of us here than should have been, it was a nice, peaceful day.
Ha.
It's August! What will it be like in December or January or whenever cold and flu season starts?
ReplyDeleteI can't hear you. It's not because my fingers are plugged into my ears, I swear.
ReplyDeleteI just can't think about it. I'll be Scarlett O'Hara, and I'll think about it tomorrow.
Uh huh.
But "Tomorrow's another day." Isn't that what she says?
You know what I say?
Tomorrow's just another bug.
And another one.
And another one.
Ugh.