Ok, I got the camera software installed but now I don't have a photo editor. It figures. Working out the glitches (so you can't see my messy house in the all the backgrounds!).
I finished reading Mary Poppins last night, and I came across a passage that brought back a childhood memory for me. Mary Poppins told Michael that he got up on the wrong side of the bed that morning. And Michael said that his bed was against the wall, so there was only one right side to get out of. Then he proceeded to ask which side of the bed was wrong, the right or the left, to which Mary Poppins replied that in his case, both sides were wrong. And I remembered having this very same conversation with my mom when I was small -- in the pre-waterbed days, when the kitty-cat sheets were on my bed, so maybe kindergarten or first grade at most. It seems like my brother never had these discussions with Mom, because he usually just growled something to the effect of, "I did not!"
Bob's home from D.C. with a red Mustang this weekend, although I must say I really loved the Mitsubishi Eclipse last weekend ... but I probably wouldn't pick a black car like that in an Oklahoma summer.
Hannah is now officially enrolled for middle school. She has her schedule and everything. She gets 4 "explo" classes for the year (for some reason I can't remember what we called these non-core-curriculum classes in school): speech & drama, vocal music, foreign language, and home ec, in addition to her orchestra. The speech & drama should be interesting for the former Ms. Shy, but I think she'll love vocal music. I had to take shop when I was in 6th grade, and I loved it far more than I thought I would, but I didn't really have the patience for it (and still don't), as my mother the house painter, and my father the repairman, and my husband the yard caretaker, can all attest to. Electives!!! I knew I would remember what they're called. I guess explo (as in exploratory) is a more accurate name, though, since the kids don't really get to make any elections. Their explos in the 6th grade are computer generated.
And now for the countdown.
Hannah's countdown to Middle School, and the end of boredom.
Elisabeth's countdown to the Return of Friends, and the end of boredom.
Caleb's countdown to Sheer Torture.
Rex's countdown to All-Important Kindergarten.
Sariah's countdown to Only-Childness.
Mom's countdown to a Return to Sanity and Peace & Quiet.
Only 12 more days!! Yeehaw!
Ben had Speech and Drama. He really liked it. I think they played a lot of games to make it seem less intimidating. I bet she'll do fine.
ReplyDeleteAnd I'm with Caleb on the countdown :-).