Who knew? Truly, who knew? My boys have a passion for Pokemon cards. Now, that does not mean go out and buy them some right now. They are earning them for good behavior, kind of like God gives us blessings for obedience. Of course, sometimes He still gives us blessings even when we don't deserve them ... but I'm all about the obedience in my dispersing of Pokemon cards. This has been the most peaceful day of my life in recent history. And all so that Caleb and Rex can end up on the purple part of the chart at the end of the day, and earn themselves one Pokemon card at a time. Reading? Done. Homework? Done. Teeth brushed? Done. Bath time? Done. Bed time? Done. Who knew?
Now, I need to knock on some wood and pray really hard that it lasts longer than 24 hours.
Ask me how many times we read The Kitty Book today. Go on, then.
TOO MANY TO COUNT!!!!! And Hannah even helped with some of the readings. It's a board book we have checked out from the library, and Sariah adores it. Her favorite page is the one of "Kitty Kissing." You should see her grin.
Hannah has determined not to like middle school. The reasons change from hour to hour. Sounds like a love-hate relationship to me. But really, who can blame her? Her homeroom class has 17 kids in it. 14 boys. 3 girls. The girls' names: Hannah, Hannah, & Anna. Who planned that anyway? That's ok. There are 4 Hannahs in the class after that. I keep having to swear up and down that we had no idea how popular the name was when we picked it. We just picked it because we both love the story of Hannah and Samuel in the Old Testament, and it's a sweet and old-fashioned name. It's not my fault it's now the equivalent of Jennifers from the 70s. Ah well, one year I had 3 Tracys in my class; I survived intact, I suppose.
And Hannah started piano today with her new teacher. I now know that the bass clef is the same thing as the F clef, and the treble clef is the same as the G clef, and I even know why. You learn something new every day.
Sometimes you learn more than one new thing in a day. Hannah also informed me that milk and meat make you sleepy. Not that I'm going to do anything with that information.
Went to the consignment sale today. Spent less money than usual, and on different kids than usual. Rex wound up with "new" clothes, I guess because the intended hand-me-downs were non-transferable after all. And Bob, you'll be so proud. All I needed for Sariah was pants, and that's all I bought her.
Plus 2 little jumper thingies that were really cute and cheap, cheap, cheap.
But that's entirely beside the point.
I bought every white church shirt I could find for the boys that was reasonably priced. Apparently, white church shirts are designed to be destroyed in a single Sunday. If it's not stains, then by gum, it's rips and tears.
Well, I'm off to crack the whip. With the amount of homework Elisabeth brought home tonight, you'd've thought she missed an entire college course. And she's writing a speech so she can run for student council representative. Sounds like fun. TTFN
Dang gurl!! I'm tired after just reading your post! Whew! Work that ordinary ol day in the haynes house thing, and me I'll just finish my laundry and pizza pockets for dinner! (thanks to Stacey for that recipe!) Maybe I'll throw in a bon bon or two. Ooooh if I can get the kids hooked on Pokemon, maybe they will serve me the bon bons!
ReplyDeleteGood luck with that bonbon thing, Taryn. You might get them served with bites out of them, but hey, they're still be served to you, right?
ReplyDeleteBut didn't you know? I get all of this done, in addition to my bonbons and bubble baths and breadbaking every day, and I'm always such a sweet good-natured mama, too -- see my sparkling white grin here. Just call me Molly.