Sunday, August 31, 2008

Boring Weekend my Foot!!!!

First I am home and that makes the weekend exciting because I am number 1 right.... Besides that we did all kinds of things this weekend. We made the tough decision to go to Kung Fu Panda instead of the OU Pep (or prep as I call them) Rally (boys night out), or we played football in the back yard on Friday andhad time to read books.

Boring my foot.....

Saturday morning Sariah decided that 4 am was a good time to get up, and the repeating shush from mom allowed me to sleep that much later - not. The children have never listened to shush's before I don't know why they would start now. So yes, being the good dad that I am I took care of Sariah while Tracy slept the morning away. At least until 8 am......

Saturday was filled with just as much excitement. There was the drawn out morning with anticipated breathings from the girls. When is Lizzy going to get here? Or the boys and I again played football in the front yard, or the Dr. Visit, or the trip to CVS for pills.

Yes that was a fun filled morning of boringness.......

Then there was the Frontier City excursion. Full of rides and talking. Oh my gosh Elizabeth and Elisabeth can talk and talk and talk. It was quite humorous actually. When they both got talking they would talk right through each other and this would go on for the whole time we were in line. Let me tell you if I was not on my game I missed some. Missing some happened every couple minutes. Oh and lets not forget the complete melt down of Elisabeth and Hannah while at the park. Which then led to Elisabeth not riding any ride and Elizabeth (Lizzy) siding with her. Then there was the whole mom thing (not Tracy) who didn't wear a bra and all of Frontier city got an eye full, or at least those watch the Silver Bullet ride anyway....... Then the other mom that didn't know that wearing white pants on the rapids ride was not the best of idea - it was way too late once she figured it out....... I guess that was a good teaching lesson for the girls. The best though was the Kelly Pickler concert. A total of 4 songs before we were told we had 10 minutes before a storm hit the park, and the whole way to the car Hannah is saying I told you we needed to leave 5 minutes earlier. (Rolling Eyes - does knowing it all start so early????)

Boring humdrums my foot.....

Then we got lost taking Lizzy home because humm Lizzy didn't know how to get home. She is 12 - - to be fair she did know how to get home and I was pretty sure how to get her home. I just let her take us in a couple circles. Is that mean? We just had to call mom to make sure we were on the right track one time.

Boring I don't think so.

But then many of you are saying wait a minute Tracy said Sunday was the same oh boring Sunday. This doesn't have to do with Sunday.

Let me tell you about Sunday: Again Sariah gets up way early, and again we allow Tracy her beauty sleep. It is quite a task to keep the boys from talking in the mornings. They just don't get why they need to be quiet. I mean they are up so why should everyone else. So what if they are walking zombies and need 5 more hours of sleep. They are up my gosh and nothing I mean nothing is making them go back to bed.

And there is the spontaneous Home Teaching Visit, in which again we are not ready for church and are busily running arround ironing - blah - blah - blah. Church was fascinating. One of the most interesting families in our ward spoke. Interesting becuase they aways have these fantastic stories that keep your mind moving. Their poor 16 year old was thouroughly embarassed this time and then there were the slight jabs here and there toward each other and it was still very meaningful sacrament meeting.

During this time Tracy is in the hall with the family's little baby and I have all five kids to myself.

Boring not in the least. Hannah was completely ignoring all of the meetings, Rex is doing everything he can to get Caleb riled up, and Elisabeth is speaking to the girl in the pew in front of us. Rex spent most of the time in time-out on the floor and when he finally was allowed to color instead of coloring he made a megaphone and start speaking loudly through it. Nice Sacrament activity that. Of course Caleb jumped on the band wagon and did the same thing. The whole time Sariah is trying to get into the aisle by going over the side of the pew. She got so close that the family behind us had compassion and helped with her.

Oh yes our Sunday was very humdrumy.....

Who am I to say though. Seeing that I am only here on the weekend. Maybe this is life as normal.

Bob

1 comment: