Sunday, March 28, 2010

The Amazing Modern Woman

I feel like we are doing a decent job in bringing up our girls. I find a lot of joy in being a mother and a wife and a homemaker (notice that I haven't said it's "practically perfect in every way").  But I am also a girl who grew up in the 70s, 80s, and 90s, and I take a great deal of pride in being able to address and hopefully resolve my own problems.  And so it has tickled my fancy to see, in a just few days time, Sariah happily helping her dad install the new (quieter and improved) dishwasher.  If we'd known how happy this would make her, abandoning her TV, talking like a magpie, and animatedly locating tools for Daddy, we would have replaced the dishwasher a long time ago.

But she can also attack the household chores with gusto.
I suppose we could analyze the difference in the looks on her face, but I really think that's taking it a bit too far, don't you?

I feel like I should add that I would probably never install a new dishwasher, because I'm far too lazy to do so, but I probably could if I had to.  And also, if Sariah's carrying around a duster, it's more likely because she's following her father's example than mine, because I'm far too lazy to dust regularly.  Wait!  I'm seeing a pattern here....

3 comments:

  1. Child labor- I love it! And so adorable...do you hire her out?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had so much fun working with her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i swear, katers and sariah are twins!

    ReplyDelete