I am so ready for spring to arrive. It's been a rather bleary winter, and while generally I like rain and snow, I miss my 65-degree sunny days to remind me that I really do live in Oklahoma. Plus, I don't like my long-sleeved maternity shirts. I like the short-sleeved ones better. I should get to wear them more often!
We have had a crazy busy week, culminating in this crazy busy Saturday. I want to post pictures, but my camera is currently AWOL.
Hannah went to orchestra contest earlier in the week, and an ensemble contest this morning. Have no idea how she did. Then, she had a make-up piano lesson. Music, music, music.
Oh, and we stopped at one of my favorite places, LaBaguette, and one of my other favorite places, the library on the way home. Sugar, sugar, sugar, and books, books, books.
Had to drop my stuff off at the JBF consignment sale then. Usually I'm much too lazy to actually get some kid clothes ready to sell, but since I got rid of bunches of my baby stuff before this pregnancy, I actually consigned so I'd have some money to spend at the sale.
Next, it was off to the movies with Caleb. We told him if he read The Lightning Thief, we would take him to see the new movie. He read it. We went. I think he really liked the movie. But Bob and I were seriously disappointed with the adaptation. Did they actually read the book at all? Because I didn't recognize it. I was disappointed. But I did enjoy my date with 2 of my favorite guys.
When we got home, I dolled Sariah all up for a daddy-daughter dance with her sisters. She was twirling around, singing, "I am sooooo pretty." Man, I need some self-confidence like that. Especially now that I'm feeling like a big round bowling ball.
So the moral of all of this is that I'm really exhausted and going to bed to read now. And I'll probably pray that my boys fall asleep sometime soon.
Ha, fat chance.
Jason and I were disappointed with the movie too. It's really not that hard to stick somewhat to the original plot. Must they just use the main characters and have that be the only real connection?
ReplyDeleteWhat a busy lady! There's a girl in my new ward that reminds me so much of you - she's a totally down to earth, no-nonsense kind of mom. I love it! And I'm sure you don't look like a bowling ball (even if you may feel like it). Pregnant women are beautiful!
ReplyDelete