This week is the biannual local consignment sale. I spent a bundle. I usually do. I've been shopping it for 10 years. I needed some good stuff this year, since I gave away a bunch of my baby stuff. I got a cool baby bath and a bassinet and lots of fun clothes for all of the kids, including an especially sweet dress for Sariah that didn't cost me very much at all. I was proud.
Of course, so are some of these consignors. It really annoys me that many things at the sale are priced so high. Dude, I could buy new clothes for those prices, not already-used stuff. And I'm not talking about Wally World clothes either. It's a consignment sale, not a professional antiques market, darn it. Yeah, you wanna make money, but this isn't going to make you or break you.
Okay, I'm done venting now. :)
I only ever went to the half-off day. That way I wasn't tempted to pay full price. But I totally agree. I think Goodwill is a ripoff for the same reason -- don't buy furniture there cuz it costs almost as much as new!
ReplyDelete