Sunday, February 21, 2010

It's All about Bob!

Today is my honey's birthday.  So I'm going to post 38 reasons to love him.

  1. He loves me.
  2. He does the laundry.
  3. He does the dishes.
  4. He can always tell me where a passage of scripture is (I can remember the scripture but never where it is).
  5. He spoils our toddler rotten.
  6. He lets me take naps.
  7. He loves me even when I'm a scary, messed-up depressed person.
  8. He likes to laugh with me.
  9. He writes me cute post-it notes that make our kids make gaggy faces.
  10. He has leg muscles that I envy.
  11. He has more grey hair than I do.
  12. He wrestles with our dogs and tells them he loves them.
  13. My kids say things like, "You want to be married to him?" and I can say, "Well, yeah, duh."
  14. He supports my hare-brained ideas.
  15. He takes the girls to daddy-daughter dances and dances with them.
  16. He plays basketball and catch with the boys.
  17. He thinks up totally wicked punishment for ill-behaved children.
  18. He loves me when I look like a bowling ball.
  19. He steals my Oreos.  But he doesn't like chocolate.  I just like the contradiction.  The fact that he doesn't like chocolate is sick and weird and indicates a need for professional help.
  20. He never lets me win face-licking competitions.  Although he might let me think I won.
  21. He loves the gospel of Jesus Christ.
  22. He will make any sacrifice to support our family.
  23. He takes food off my plate whenever he feels like it.  That means he's brave and daring.  Someday I will bite his hand off for doing that.
  24. He taught me the true value of flannel sheets.
  25. He taught me how to cook.  (Although now I can completely out-class him.  Just sayin'....)
  26. He loves me when I'm mad, make very rude faces, and call him a toad.
  27. He's obsessed with LED lights.  I don't know why I like this, since I don't like LED lights, but I like it.
  28. He gets so happy when he gets new electronic toys to play with.  It's cute!
  29. He's let me name all of our children.  Even though he says he named them all.
  30. He puts salt on his watermelon.  Eeeeeeew.
  31. He loves me even when I spend all of his hard-earned money.
  32. He makes me smile every day.
  33. He motivates me to reach for higher goals.  Like when he had visited more states than I have.  Now I am inspired to travel more.
  34. He calls me cute names, like mosquito, snake, and lioness.
  35. He makes fabulous chicken fingers.
  36. He holds me at night even though he won't fall asleep doing that.
  37. He wants to help the people around him, and looks for ways to do that.
  38. He loves me.
Yeah, we're back to that part again.  It takes a great man to love me.

Happy birthday, my love!

3 comments:

  1. ok absolutely LOVED this! I don't know him very well, but from the sounds of it Bob is a GREAT man! You lucky lioness :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Tracy--Let me just say Bob rocks, & I already knew it! But, I loved, loved, loved reading these things about him! Bob--You're awesome! :) love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. how cute!! You make me laugh... :)

    ReplyDelete