Today's Writing Prompt: Storm
Explain how you feel during a rain or snow storm.I spent most of my younger years in super sunny southern climes. The Sonoran Desert taught me to appreciate rain, and Dallas taught me to appreciate a proper winter storm (as opposed to an ice storm).
I love great big downpours of rain. Although I hated them when I was little, and I still flinch when there are thunder and lightening, electrical storms still make me feel high (or as high as someone who's never been drugged-out high can feel, anyway).
Ice, snow, or rain, I love being inside, comfy-cozy, while a storm rages outside, or softly falls and blankets the world.
But the best part is still when the sun comes out the next morning, and elicits from me a great big stretch and a smile. That's when I feel warm inside.
No comments:
Post a Comment