For my out of town relatives, especially my parents, who actually lived through the Denver blizzard of 2009 (even though they don't actually live there)...I bring you the Oklahoma Snowstorm of 2009. You know what snowstorm I'm talking about...the one they talked about for 2 weeks beforehand on the weather, the one that was supposed to drop 4-8" on us, or 3-6", or 1-4", or something like that. Yeah, well, it may have snowed that much, but not a lick of it actually stuck...not surprising, really, when you consider that the thermometer at our house never dropped below 33 degrees F. All that agony over whether or not to have Caleb's baptism and birthday party over this???I will grant you that the snow that fell was gorgeous--humongous fluffy flakes like we never get here (because it typically ices, not snows). And I will grant you that the thundersnow was pretty cool.
But the storm of the century, as my friend Melessa refers to the dire predictions?
Come on.
Wow, I'm impressed you actually had that much accumulate!
ReplyDeleteUm,........
ReplyDeleteScary.