Thursday, March 26, 2009

Sheer Joy

Yesterday was the big day. We got up, we had cinnamon rolls, we sang Happy Birthday (which Rai-rai continued to sing all day long, too cute), we sent him off to school. After school, he played and played and played until we ate his Birthday Request Dinner, stuffed crust pizza, and then we opened presents. Does he look surprised?
He's a really good actor, eh? He was with me at the store and picked that Webkinz out, but I told him he had to act surprised when he opened it. He thought it was way cool, and he did a good job, too.

But now ... take a look at the real thing. It's pretty entertaining.
And yes, yes, YES, we bought our son nerf dart guns. (The weapons ban has been temporarily suspended.) He's the toast of the neighborhood now. But who's really paying attention, right? {wink} Anyhow, he's at just the right age for expressing perfect appreciation for something so wonderful. I wish I still had that.

Then it was on to cake and ice cream. We tried Bluebell's Candy Jar ice cream. It's almost as good as Braum's peanut butter cup, as long as you don't mind mixing your candy, but my kids still preferred the little candy letters on top of the cake. So do I, for that matter. Even chocolate can't compete with pure sugar (yesterday, anyway).


There is a picture of me blowing out the candles every single birthday. I detest those pictures. I think my mom had an admirable talent for capturing me with my cheeks fully puffed out (like they needed any help). I swore I would never take pictures like that of my kids. But with Bob out of town this week, how could he miss that important moment? Honestly. I mean, I'm being a good wife and mother to my children here. ROTFL

2 comments:

  1. looks like you all had a lot of fun! Congrats again, birthday boy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love nerf guns! and that cake looks delicious...you're a good mama...looks like he had a perfect day.

    ReplyDelete