Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Old Favorites

Over the last weekend, I had ample time to listen to two books on CD: the first two books in the Harry Potter series.  It had been a long time since I had read them, and I remembered again how much I love those books and why.  It was like rediscovering old friends.  I still laugh at Rowling's wit; I still love her characters with all their idiosyncrasies.  I continue to be amazed at this crazy complex world J.K. Rowling created, how very detailed it is, and what an accurate perspective on people.  If you haven't read them yet (and if that's the case, where the heck have you been hiding?), do it; read them.  They are well worth your time, and some of the few books that live up to their hype.

1 comment:

  1. Since all of our copies had been trashed by perpetual reading, we got a whole new set for Christmas. Isaac is just going through them for the first time, and loving them. I'm in the middle of book 4. There are no future Harrys in our family (though people tease us about that every time we are expecting), but I absolutely love these books.

    ReplyDelete