Monday, January 21, 2013

Missing

I love Georgia. It is a great blessing in my life, and in the lives of our family (even if they don't always see it). I am in love with the hills and the pine trees and the fog, and I am in love with Southern kindness and hospitality and tradition and respect.

But every now and again, I find myself thinking of the things I miss from "back home" in Oklahoma: wide open spaces and sunsets that fill up the whole horizon. Bare tree branches against the sky. Country music stations that play old country. Folks who smile at you when you wait for them to cross the street. Sooner stuff everywhere, and upside down longhorns. Goofing off with my bestie, and being close enough to spend a day or two with our family.

They are precious moments. I pray that we are collecting them in our new home, too, even as I rely on the older ones to carry me through the new times.

No comments:

Post a Comment