We made our annual gingerbread houses in mid-December, the 14th, to be exact (I only know this because my camera dates pictures, lol). We had bunches of fun and tried out all sorts of awesome things, including a gingerbread mold (going to buy another one next year, so I can alternate them as I'm baking; NEVER going back to cutting out patterns), a shortbread house (making more of those next year, too), and a chocolate house (I didn't like the way the chocolate got a film coating on it, maybe next year try white chocolate?). And of course, on Christmas day, we participated in our annual gingerbread house smashing. Except I forgot to take pictures. I should have, because the kids got way creative. Rex ran over his with his bike, and Caleb and Hannah shot their with bow and arrows.
 |
| Mom's shortbread house. |
 |
| Mom and Dad's chocolate house. Completed after all the candy was gone. |
 |
| Waiting for the fun to really start. |
 |
| Lizzi was an angel, letting Sam help with her house. He loved it!! |
 |
| Hannah with Nana. |
 |
| Hannah says hers was a Georgian house, as in why put snow around it when the grass is always green here? |
 |
| After working on Lizzi's house, Sam very studiously added like a million lemon drops to his own house. |
 |
| Finished products. |
 |
| Halfway done. |
 |
| Whoa! Mucho frosting. Sariah was very pleased with hers. |
 |
| You can't see it in this pic, but on Rex's house, Santa was having some serious issues with the chimney. |
 |
| Santa brought Lizzi's house a gingerbread baby. Don't ask me why. Idk. |
 |
| Santa is falling off the roof on Caleb's house. Santa had a bad night at our gingerbread house factory. Just sayin. |
No comments:
Post a Comment