Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Thankful for Antibiotics

I know, I know I said the evil word "antibiotics," a double-edged sword in the parenting world today.  No antibiotics, and your kids can die.  Too many antibiotics, and your kids can die.  Or their teeth change colors.  Or the flora in their happy little guts get all messed around.  Whatever.

Even so, I am especially thankful for them these last few weeks.  They will help with Lizzi's ears ... we made her wait 3 days before we took her to the doc, hoping for a miraculous resolution, but alas, 'twas not to be.  So antibiotics, come to me, my friend!!

And, I am even more grateful for antibiotics for my Dumb Mutt.  Ok, ok, we know he's really not that dumb.  But he did have a little potty problem a week or so ago (which became a big problem for me as I had to consider buying him Depends, like I haven't already changed enough diapers), and antibiotics were the solution to his little problem ... and my sanity (minor detail, that).

Antibiotics are a good thing around here right now.  'Nuf said.

No comments:

Post a Comment