I had a bunch of lab work done last week.
Surprise! I have low iron. It's not really a surprise. I always have low iron and go anemic on them when I'm pregnant. It was expected, really.
Surprise! I have high blood sugar. Now they're going to do tests for gestational diabetes. Are you freakin' kidding me? I can't gain weight. Sugar makes me sick. I supposedly have a small baby.
I'm so frustrated. Nothing has been easy-breezy this time. I know I haven't had major complications, and that's a good thing, and I am blessed. But this is getting really old, and I keep wondering what I'm doing wrong.
Did you know that stress itself can contribute to high blood sugar? Imagine that.
The sorry thing is that I've spent the last 2 weeks really and truly trying to reduce my stress levels.
Apparently, it isn't working.
I doubt that you are doing anything "wrong" sometimes our bodies just react to certain things (like pregnancy) and there is no rhyme or reason. Doctors may have suggestions as to help but don't blame yourself - you have enough stress. Take their suggestions, do what you can to implement them and just do the best you can.
ReplyDelete:( i hope it all gets figured out!! You are beautiful, and God loves you. i love you too, of course!! i'm gonna say it will all work out, but i know very well it doesn't feel like it whem you're in th middle of it!!! i'm thinking about you often. Hugs from over here...
ReplyDelete