Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Agenda

On my agenda today:
  • Painting the girls' room. They're ready for furniture given that we found a scorpion in their room last night. (Not that that would prevent a scorpion from climbing into bed with them....)
  • Picking up the van from the mechanic. The brakes needed repair. And then it's time to hunt for a new vehicle. You know, one with AC and no monthly repair bills. Although, I guess there's not a whole lot of difference between a monthly payment and a monthly repair bill. Except the security and peace that comes from knowing you're WAY less likely to break down on the side of the road. But I digress....
  • Catching up the laundry. Okay, okay, not really. More like doing SOME of the laundry. We just need clean underwear, right?
  • Mailing back my Netflix flick so I can get a new one. I would ask for suggestions but my queue is about 100 movies long right now. And growing.
  • Taking my kids to the library, so they can have new books, which means the girls, at least, will quit following me around asking what they can do. For some reason, they never want to clean the bathroom, do the dishes, pick up dog doo-doo, or vacuum.
Wow! I'm not sure I will accomplish everything on this list today. I get distracted so easily. It's the 5 kids, I think. :D Hugs to all!

5 comments:

  1. Wow! Even if you get just one thing done, that's success. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We found several scorpions when our house was new. So sorry!

    Also, painting the way you are painting is like a week long job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you can TOTALLY do it all! Stay focused!!! Hide the computer...that's what I have to do when I REALLY want to get things done. And a scorpion? OH MY! I don't even want to think about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I lived in Arizona for 8 years and never saw a scorpion in the wild. Lived in Oklahoma only 2 years and got stung by one in my bedroom! Just like a bee sting except for the freaking out part... Poison control said not to worry unless I was allergic...how would I know that?

    I too am buried in paint. Hoping to come through on the other side soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karen, that's so funny! I never saw one in the 10 years I lived in Arizona either. Seen them in both my houses in Ok. as well as in Texas. What's up with that!

    ReplyDelete