6 Quirky Things about Tracy
- Millipedes make my toes curl. I'd rather run into a centipede or a rat or a scorpion or a frog or a rabid dog or even a snake (this, from the woman who called a member of her bishopric at 6 am to remove a snake from her bathroom counter). Millipedes. Are. Gross.
- The Backyardigans is my favorite TV show ever. Seriously. When the kids have it on, I must sit and watch from start to finish. My favorite episodes are Pirates' Treasire and The Key to the Nile. I even own Backyardigans CDs and listen to them regularly.
- I pick my kids' toenails. Ew. I think it's because I run out of my own nails to pick. I know, I should probably join Toenail Pickers Anonymous. My kids tell me so frequently. They have also developed really creative evasion tactics, liking screaming abuse when I come near their toes.
- I don't like hard candy. Or breath mints. Or chewy candy. Or anything like unto these things. It must be soft, gooey, really chocolatey or peanut buttery or both (my mouth waters just thinking about it), and highly fattening, or it's not worth my taste buds' investment of time and energy. A dish full of candy corn or peppermints can last in my presence for months. But not chocolate chips. Even when I was little, suckers and the like just didn't do anything for me.
- I don't lose weight, no matter how hard I try, unless I'm daily studying my scriptures, too. It's some freaky weird thing Heavenly Father has to do to me to keep me in line. Yes, sometimes I must be compelled to do what's right. It's been that way since college. Of course, my candy preferences (see #4 above) also play a role in this.
- I am grateful for my depression. It's not always fun to deal with when it's bad. It's probably not the trial that I would have handpicked. But it was handpicked for me, by the One who knows what's best for me, and it has taught me patience, compassion, perseverance, empathy for others' afflictions, and to judge less often (I wish I could say never, but I'm still a work in progress).
So, now you know that I'm a closet toenail-picker, openly mentally diseased, a millipede hater, Backyardigans-obsessed, and weight-challenged. You know the real me. What about you?
Hmm...whom should I tag? Tiffany, Christy, Staci, Allison, Melessa, and Sharon. Because I know you girls are eager to air your innermost quirks to the world.
I love your quirks. I also love how real you are. I'm glad we can be blogging buddies. Millipedes don't bother me but I was stung by a scorpion while living in Norman and a snake in the bathroom - I would probably have to move! Snakes totally and completely FREAK ME OUT. Unless of course there is some present who is in complete control of it but not now or EVER IN MY HOUSE!
ReplyDeleteIs that the Christy I know? I want her blog address.
Thanks Tracy, you're awesome!
... but we already knew that
Thanks for the tag! I finally got a chance to play along! I just posted it.
ReplyDelete