Sunday, November 2, 2008

I Have the Most Thoughtful Kids on Earth

My wonderful children made me breakfast in bed this morning (thank you, sister missionaries, for delivering a message on service). If I look partially made-up (which is as made-up as I ever bother to get) in this picture, it's because when I got out of bed, they told me I had to get back in, so I talked them into letting me use the restroom and taking a shower...if, and only if, I agreed to get back in bed afterward.
Here is a picture of the fine cuisine. Elisabeth says the pancakes look like meat, and Hannah called part of her scrambled eggs "burnt spinach" colored green. I thought it looked scrumptious--after all, somebody else cooked it! And what picture is complete without bunny ears, right?
I thought I smelled something burning while I was in the shower.... Why yes, that is a Tupperware plate melted to one of the elements on my stove! This was the only real casualty. Unless you count my freshly-mopped kitchen floor, and the kitchen cabinets that my mother cleaned in detail while she was here (sorry, Mom!). I think they had fun.

The food was delicious. I know this because I couldn't even bring myself to count the Weight Watchers points, it tasted so good! It was a much needed treat, and I was doubly grateful that part of the sister missionaries' lesson was that one aspect of service is receiving it gracefully.

3 comments:

  1. I can definitely tell you've lost weight. I think I've found everyone of the pounds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And the prize for most fabulous friend goes to Tiffany! See what a sacrifice she makes--she takes my pounds away! I really can't see that that is true, but if she's feeling the Spirit by being generous, we'll go with it. ;)

    ReplyDelete