So we let the littles--Sam and Sariah--have a Christmas party tonight since they are homeschooled and don't get to do that with friends very often. The guest list kept multiplying this week.
Let me preface this by pointing out that I've had a very long and stressful week. It started on Monday when I cried at the YMCA, and then there was Tuesday when I got really frustrated about my dumb thyroid, and then there was today. I was so stressed out by two hours pre-party, that when a collections lady called about my adult daughter's hospital bills (which we've been arguing about for MONTHS), she listened to me recite my daughter's identifying information, and then said, "You know, I'm not sure now is a good time to talk to you. Would you like me to call you back next week?" Yeah, the collections lady. Guess I sounded slightly hysterical. And when the lady calls back (again) next week, I will have to apologize. Get in line, lady. It's been one of those weeks....
Anyway, the party was pretty fun. As crazy as it sometimes makes me feel to have small people following me around 24/7, I still enjoy children and like to be with them. Once I got past being humbled because I was unable to get my house clean to my satisfaction (even though Bob made a very valiant effort while I was completely melting down AND he was being assisted by the Toddler Tornado), I really enjoyed being with these little ones and being a part of their joy.
And by the way, I'm super thankful for Caleb and Lizzi and their three friends for essentially running the entertainment of the party. I owe them...something. I hope it doesn't cost money.
I didn't get any pictures of the party itself. But I did get pictures of the aftermath.
One of the moms said, "They've destroyed your house!"
I hear you all laughing, you know.
What? You don't think this is any different than my regular housekeeping? I know. It's an improvement.
Dang, I hate it when you're right. ;)
Also...Madeline thinks the blanket Grammy sent Sam should have been hers. She kept trying to pull it from Sam while she screamed at him tonight. We hunted down the one Grammy made for her, and then she was somewhat mollified.

No comments:
Post a Comment