After I finally dragged myself up, it was a pretty good day. We had a family chat about social media this morning, and I prepared to sub in nursery again.
Caleb gave a pretty good talk at church. It was about missionary work, and he spoke about Hannah's mission. He gets more out of her emails than I expected. It's always nice to get a good surprise.
I didn't get to actually hear his talk, though I read it beforehand and heard good reviews from others at church. I missed sacrament meeting so that Madeline could take a nap, one that ended up being disastrously short. Dang it.
Young Women in Excellence was held after church as a "Linger Longer," so there were sandwiches and really yummy desserts and lots of amazing YW talents.
We came home, and I took a nap (I know, story of my life, right?), while Bob and the kids played outside and then made cookies.
We had Family Home Evening (so much family togetherness today!) where we played animal charades, which has always, always, always been a family favorite. Lizzi remains the undisputed champion since no one can top her purple polka-dotted cheetoh eater that no one was able to guess when she four.
We read and acted out Barnyard Dance, by Sandra Boynton, which is also a family tradition, and one that Madeline is finally getting into. She likes to twirl and spin and skitter. Caleb and Rex like to "stand with the donkey" (read:
While we were consuming our no-bake cookies--with milk, of course--we waited to hear where one of Hannah's close friends is going on her mission: California, yay!
And now? Now it's 8:55 pm, and all the little ones are asleep. That's pretty unusual. So I wanted to get my blog post up, so that I can go curl up with a good book. Really? What else did you think I would do with a spare hour (or four)???
No comments:
Post a Comment