Thursday, December 1, 2011

On Loving Sariah

This is Sariah's birthday in May.  She was so excited to get a Pillow Pet from Grammy and Papa.  She'd been waiting for the unicorn pillow pet.  The ladybug was not cutting it.  See that smile on her face?  Sariah is the BESTEST smiler.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, life for this little girl is a musical.  One with really high highs and really low lows -- fortunately the lows are brief.  Dramatic, but brief.  Usually.  Sariah is always singing to herself, to her dolls, to her toys, to her food, to the dogs, in the car, in the bathroom, in the great outdoors.  I foresee drama, music, and cheerleading in the future (seriously, she told me about the cheerleading this week).

Some of the most ... high maintenance ... things about Sariah are also her most endearing qualities.  She wants to sleep with Mommy, be with Mommy, do everything with Mommy.  Sleepless nights?  Not so much.  But she holds my heart in her hands when she grasps my hand when we're walking, kisses me just because, and tells me she loves me mostest.  She talks.  A.  Lot.  But she's so cute when she talks, and she says the most incredible things (you can take that incredible however you want).  She hates sleeping with a passion, but she looks like an angel when she finally gets there.  The getting there can be pretty entertaining, too, since she sings and dances to keep herself awake.  (I said it was entertaining, not something to be entertained ... though I suppose that happens.)

She loves swimming, candy, her sisters' toys, keeping Sam in line, having stories read to her, nail polish, watching movies, horses, princesses, wearing boots, dresses, and nightgowns, and telling the boys exactly what to do and how to do it.

Sariah is amazing, and her world, as it grows, will know it when she arrives.

No comments:

Post a Comment