Sunday, October 16, 2011

This Is the Way to Start a Saturday!

Hannah and I got to take Lizzi to the temple on Saturday to do baptisms for the dead.  Youth are able to participate in that when they turn 12.  Lizzi's birthday was several months ago.  Typically, the youth from church will go as a group to the temple for this.  However, because of the timing of our move during summer vacation, Lizzi was unable to go with the youth group from Oklahoma, and our new youth group in Georgia hasn't had one scheduled in the near future, either.

Since the temple is important to our family, and since it's an amazing place of peace and reverence in the middle of this crazy, fast-paced world we live in, we decided to get Lizzi to the temple as a family.  That sort of worked, but we didn't have anyone to leave our little ones with, and we needed to go on a Saturday morning, which is when Caleb's football games are....  So it ended up being just us girls.


I'm grateful I got to go with my beautiful girls.  I've taken each one of my babies with me to the temple while they were in the womb, and prayed that they would soak up some of the peace and take with them into their lives the desire to return to the temple as they grow up.  Lizzi is such a livewire that I wasn't sure this was a successful endeavor for her.  BUT, as usual, my kids prove me wrong.  We enjoyed ourselves, and she asked when she gets to go back again.

Afterwards, we strolled on the beautiful grounds in the bright morning sunlight.  I'm not too pleased with the camera on my new phone.  However, I am thrilled with these pictures of my girls together, actually looking like they might have some affection for one another (don't mind the fists in the one picture, they really don't signify, I promise).



I'm so in love with these beautiful and precious gifts to our family!  Aren't they amazing?!

4 comments:

  1. I can't wait to have these experiences with my kidlets...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool, this is one amazing thing about having your kids grow up, you get to have more adult like bonding experiences.

    ReplyDelete