Dare I admit the following things? Of course I do.... This is the first conference in
Anyhoo, we successfully made it through conference. Sometimes it can be hard on the kids, who generally think it's long and boring. However, I'm pretty sure they were listening part of the time, though definitely not when we were listening to Elder Andersen speak about how we believe in children and families while I was secretly wishing to locate the duct tape so I didn't have to hear one more fight....
This year, I spent some time preparing myself for conference. That means I prayed and studied, and hoped to find some answers to the things I've been pondering over the last few months. The Lord does not disappoint. I listened to His servants as they directly answered some of my prayers. I'm sure they didn't think, "I'm going to answer Tracy's prayer with this paragraph," but I am certain they heeded the Lord's suggestions and incorporated into their talks the words and feelings the Holy Ghost needed to communicate to me. In so doing, these great brothers and sisters were able to help me figure out some of the things I need to do with myself, my family, and my home in the next several months.
That's some exciting stuff!
If you would like to watch some of the addresses from conference (or in about a week, read them), click here. If you check out only one or two talks, here's what you should read (they were my faves): Ian S. Ardern's address from Saturday afternoon, and President Thomas S. Monson's address from Sunday morning.
I love that your preparation paid off with some answers. Wasn't it awesome?
ReplyDeleteConference was so incredible! What were your favorites?
ReplyDelete