Saturday, September 24, 2011

Bummed


OU is playing tonight.  And I finally have my TV up on a console so I can watch the game.  And it made me sad.  Some of the shots showed areas around the stadium.  I know just what the weather feels like at this time of year during an OU game--humid yet crisp, and finally cooling off.  You can see the lights all over town, and if you're in the right place, you can hear the roar of a crimson crowd, the thunder of the Ruff Neks' noisemakers.  All roads lead to OU.  You don't drive your car near campus or on any of the main thoroughfares.  Unless you are going to Wal-Mart--it's a fabulous time to shop.  Just sayin'.  All the TVs inside the store show the game anyway.  You can feel an entire town, population 100K+, together in agony and triumph.

OK, yeah, it sounds a little much.

But man, I miss my Sooners.

2 comments:

  1. That first season away is really rough! Having grown up in Norman and then lived there a few years as an adult, there is an atmosphere that I still miss even when I can catch a game.

    ReplyDelete