Tuesday, March 1, 2011

It's All about Accountability

So I'm not doing so well on some of my goals these days.  There are a variety of reasons for which this could be.  But I think I'm going to have to quit leaning on my stash of excuses and start being accountable.  And you, my faithful readers, have just become the people to whom I'm going to be accountable.Whether you want to be or not.

Today, I'm going to:

  1. Drink all my water.  Instead of doing it all before bed because I was so flippin' thirsty at that point that I didn't care that I'd be up and down all night long.  I surely do care this morning.  I'm one glass down and seven to go.
  2. Read my scriptures.
  3. Take a walk in my neighborhood.
  4. Track what I eat at my new favorite website, livestrong.com.  Where I have already tracked my one glass of water.  On to breakfast.
I could plan to do so much more, but a) I want to be successful (baby steps, people), and b) baby Sam is running a fever and I'm not sure how that's going to pan out around here.  He was pretty clingy yesterday.

Wish me luck.  This seems like such a short list, but I'm such a procrastinator.

2 comments:

  1. I'm a list person, too.
    Whether they're short, silly, long or important everyone who knows me well and wants something done within a reasonable amount of time knows that it must be written down and made into a list for me :)
    You'll do well today.
    I used to track my food stuffs on an internet site and I found that if I sat down once at night when the kids had all gone to bed, etc, etc, I would get it done. So ... I kept a small pad of paper in the kitchen with a pen handy and scribbled down my food stuffs all day long.
    Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Better to be fully committed to a few things (or just one for that matter) and accomplish them than have a huge list and get none of it done - only to feel discouraged. We all start with baby steps.

    ReplyDelete