Sunday, July 19, 2009

When in Kansas


When you're in Kansas in the month of July, you celebrate my mom's birthday (obviously). I won't tell you how old she turned, although you can probably figure it out. She probably won't be too thrilled with this picture either--I have a much better one of her smiling. However, Sariah's help was too priceless to pass up, and we all know that Mom treasures cheeks puffed out pictures. I can't help but observe that I notice her cheeks were not puffed out. Clever of her, yes?

And by the way, birthdays in Kansas are awesome, because when you throw a party with family, sometimes, just sometimes, a local preacher drops in unexpectedly, says a blessing (a really nice one, too), shares your cake and ice cream, and talks until all of the family has escaped outside except for the birthday girl and her loving husband. What a loving family!

So, to my wonderful mother: Happy Birthday! I owe her big, because on her real birthday, I was in the ER with Caleb and his hives until 11pm, and had left my cell phone in Bob's car with the 11 other kids we'd taken to Bricktown to see Harry Potter that afternoon. So I didn't even get to call her and tell her how much I love and appreciate her. I did call the next morning at 7:30. I thought it would be commemorative of all the days growing up that I lovingly let her sleep in.

It's okay. You don't have to say it. I know I'm the most thoughtful child (and wife, too) on earth.

1 comment:

  1. :) yay for july birthdays. And not yay about the ER visit!!

    ReplyDelete