Thursday, July 23, 2009

Indian Cave State Park

Since we were only 4 miles from Nebraska, I felt compelled to add another state to my list. I was trying to compete with Bob, but he decided to come, and now we just canceled out our additions, I guess. Anyhow, Mom & Dad and my aunt & uncle took us to Indian Cave State Park in Nebraska.

It was a pretty awesome little place. They had a working village of sorts, with a soap maker, a candle maker, a blacksmith, and a broom maker. There was also a school house with a merry-go-round out front which entertained my children for a long while.


I think I mentioned that Grammy got to come. She was such a great picture poser!


Sariah worked hard, darn it. Check it out!


This is the Indian Cave that the park boasts. It has ancient petroglyphs carved on these walls, things like bison and eagles. We had to punish Hannah though, because we thought she made her own carvings. They read HANNAH + JUSTIN. I don't know how she got up so high to carve it where she did, and I'm still wondering who Justin is.... {wink!}


The views were breathtaking.
And of course, we had to take some pictures by the Missouri River. Where we come from, rivers this big are ... well, nonexistent.

Hannah's so awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment