Tuesday, July 28, 2009
Today's Writing Prompt: Police
Write about a time you had to call the police or other emergency services.I feel like in responding to this I'm extremely likely to jinx myself. I've never actually had to dial 911. I'm extremely grateful for that, and wish to maintain that record.
There has been at least once when I should have called 911 and didn't. Like this summer, when a thief broke into my car, stole my garage door opener, and actually opened it. I heard the garage door go up, and what did I do? I took my Wonder Dog out to the garage to scare him off. Not my brightest moment, really.
Also, when I was 16, I babysat a police officer's kids once (and only once) for New Year's, and they--the kids--called 911 for prank value. Really, that wasn't pretty either.
No comments:
Post a Comment