Thursday, June 26, 2008

What a Day!

For your reading entertainment, I give you this presentation of Cooking in the Castle,
with Stacy, Lena, Miranda, and Sally. I gave them about 12 hours over the last 2 days with their Easy Bake Ovens, and it eventually turned into this hilarious TV show. I think I need to restock my pantry. I've mopped my floor once, but it might need another round of soap.

And to prove my certifiable lunacy, I agreed to this bright idea on the same day I decided to recommit myself to Weight Watchers. Brainy, eh? Yesterday wasn't so bad ... because they mostly burnt everything they cooked. Today, their skill kicked in, and yummy aromas filled my house. Yes, those cookies may not look as appetizing as some (in fact, if you look closely, those grey ones resemble owl pellets), but I closed my eyes, and taste-tested, and they were pretty darn good, especially given that I offered no guidance whatsoever.

After I condemned the kitchen and they "cleaned up" (ROTFL), Caleb and I crouched down on the floor with his entire Lego collection and recreated this totally cool spaceship from Star Wars. No, not from scratch; of course we used the destructions! I'm a mom, not an architect. Not even with Legos. In fact if it had been my Lego creation, it would have never gotten off the ground because we couldn't find all the exact pieces, so we made substitutions and the colors on the underside are off.


I am not a control freak. Doesn't my magnanimity with the girls prove that? Who cares that I wouldn't let them finish cleaning up because ... well, because I needed to do it. I am not a control freak!

And yes, that is the same shirt he had on yesterday. I'm not cheating on the pictures (today, anyway). I just don't launder my kids' clothes. I can't remember how many times I told him to change it. A guy's gotta do what a guy's gotta do, apparently, and far be it from his nosy, interfering mom to get in the way.

1 comment:

  1. Li'l Robby will wear the same shirt over and over if I don't pay attention. In fact, much to my dismay, he seems to prefer dressing from his laundry basket rather than his clean clothes. Maybe it's a boy thing.

    ReplyDelete