Saturday, September 24, 2011

It's Been a Week

That could probably be my whole post.  But just for history's sake, I will elaborate.

I've been reading my scriptures, praying, and writing in my journal every night.  As members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, we are counseled to do those things regularly.  I've always liked to journal; I just don't always do so consistently.  It's been really good for me to review and reflect, and it's been really good to read about the Savior every day.

What is so typical of me is that I just had to take it to the next level.  And make a to-do list for the next day every night.  On the up side, there are a lot of things I'm reminded to do that I don't always remember to do (like take my vitamins).  On the down side, there are a lot of things I haven't got crossed off my list (like the mopping, which has been on my list every day since Tuesday).  And being a closet perfectionist, that really bugs me, not having everything neatly crossed off at the end of the day.

So, what do I do with something that helps and hurts at the same time?  Because I'm so proud of myself for getting some things done every day.  And I'm so depressed that I can't get it all done.  Obviously, I need to psychoanalyze that, or something, so that I can move forward with life.

In the mean time, I did make it to my Wednesday weigh-in at Weight Watchers.  I lost another 1/2 lb, which was a little disappointing, but not in light of that fettucine alfredo.  I try to remember to evaluate my weight loss in terms other than the scale; sometimes that's a bit more encouraging.  My pants are falling down--yeehaw!  My muffin top is shrinking--yippee!  The scale doesn't intimidate me as much as it used to--woot! woot!  I can get up the hill to our apartment building without feeling like I will die immediately--rock on!  I'm thinking I might actually track down my "skinny"-er jeans (I'm not even close to my skinny jeans, but still...)--I'm so awesome.

See, I feel better already.  :)

Now, on to my list....

1 comment:

  1. Oh the dreaded mopping! It stays on my to-do list for a long time too. I totally hear you on this one. I get so mad at myself for not being able to get everything done. And I fool myself that everyone ELSE is getting everything done, so why can't I?? So, it's good that other perfectionists like you post that you didn't get your mopping done. Because that helps me feel less bummed, and being less bummed makes me more likely to get more things done. Which will make me less bummed. LOL Gee, I think we really DO need to be easier on ourselves, don't we? *hugs*

    Julie N.

    ReplyDelete