Sunday, April 19, 2020

Sam the Man

So, we got a new camera for Christmas. It's not that I actually knew how to use the previous DSLR. It's that it was almost 12 years old, had been repaired multiple times, and was getting kind of crotchety. Also, the lens had been pretty abused (7 kids, anyone?).


However, with all these free classes out and about in the time of the plague, I decided to start learning how to actually use the new DSLR. It came with 2 lenses, you see, and I guess I need some more smarts, lol.


So, don't flip and scoff when you see my pictures. I'm only on the second class. That's the one where they tell you what equipment you could need or want ... and that you should actually try them out before you buy. Hahaha. I got the new Nikon on a Christmas online deal, so there was no trying out anything, but whatever....


Sam is my ... most willing ... subject most of the time. He will generally strike all kinds of poses. They usually aren't the ones I'm anticipating getting, so there's that. But his personality definitely comes out. In any case, I was mostly experimenting with light and just a few basic settings on the camera, and I do mean experimenting.... I don't really have an eye for this stuff.


In any case, I love this kid. He makes my mouth and my heart smile every time.













No comments:

Post a Comment