Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Life in the Haynes Lane

I'm too lazy to go through my pictures right now to find some to post. We've been busy, busy, busy. But I'm not sure doing what. Life, I guess.

Sariah has been on her bedtime routine for 2 weeks now. She's improving slowly but steadily. She is still waking up at night, but now she will stay in her own bed and go back to sleep on her own. Keep your fingers crossed, because last Friday night was a disastrous, demon-possessed child night, and it came sorta outta the blue, and I've no interest in doing it over again.


Meanwhile, I've been working on a routine to get Samuel down at nights. I'm not ready to let him cry it out yet (largely because Sariah is a big enough job right now), but we are working on reading a story and singing a song and laying down not-quite-asleep in the hopes that we can prevent our current toddler sleep issues for the future.

Caleb started football again this week. I know, ALREADY!! So far he's been practicing to play QB and he looks good out there. He's having a lot more fun this year, too, so I'm really excited for him. Plus, he offered me the indescribable opportunity of feeling his sweat-drenched shirt yesterday. What more can a mother ask for?

Rex is growing up on me. Every time he smiles his permanent teeth grin, I can't believe how time flies. He had a first sleepover last weekend, which likely won't be repeated anytime soon, given that Zach's mom reported they talk more than any girls she ever knew.

Lizzi's home, Lizzi's home, Lizzi's home! I'm so glad my girl is home again. But she starts middle school in a few weeks. How can this be?

And speaking of how things can be ... we discovered today that Hannah has apparently shot up in growth. We knew Caleb was growing, and Elisabeth has kept pace with him, but all of a sudden Elisabeth and Hannah don't have to stand back-to-back to prove who's taller. No doubt about it--Hannah is the tallest by several inches. Who knew?

As for me, besides mothering these teaming hordes, I've been on vacation, been to PTA convention, am planning another short vacation, am PTAing like crazy, and just the general hubbub of activity around here. I think I need to take a deep breath ... and keep on truckin.'

Hugs to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment