Tuesday, July 20, 2010

It's Hard Work Growing Up...

...especially when your mom is making you do so against your will.  Sariah is learning to sleep through the night without joining us in bed.  It's only taken me 3+ years but I've finally had to draw the line.  I'm flippin' exhausted (which is a very bad thing for my depression, incidentally).

Translation: last night was a reeeeeaaaalllllly long night.  But we did it.  I made her cry in her room on the other side of the gate until she fell back to sleep.  It was about an hour.  It was a long hour.  But I'm hoping that a few more nights of endless agony for us both will reward me (and her, too!!) with a full night's sleep in the very near future.  It's all about the sacrifice, right?

But in the category of tender mercies, Samuel slept from 8:30 to 5:30--he even slept through the hour long joy ride.  Woohoo!

1 comment:

  1. You are a saint. Middle of the night episodes are some of the hardest moments of parenting.

    ReplyDelete