Monday, April 14, 2008

Ta Da!! My First Post! (Tracy's Tidings)

Bob will be so proud. He's only been hounding me to do this for months, and I figure he deserves it now that he misses out on a wee bit of the minutia of our daily life. And a blog is so much prettier than plain email.

I have great plans to write so much, so many astounding things. But who knew writing a blog could be so hard? Even for me, the queen of long-winded wordiness? It's taken me 2 hours to figure out what to name the goofy thing. I couldn't decide. I wanted something cute and quirky and easy to remember. I knew my number one requirement would be alliteration . . . I'm not sure why, I just need that for some reason.

I started out with our last name. H*****, that has potential, right?

How 'bout H***** Happenings? Too mundane.
Heavenly H*****? Um . . . yeah, right.
H***** Haven? Again . . . it's the goal, but the reality? Yeah, right. And it's cheesy, too.
H***** Hordes? Ok, however true it may be, it doesn't really shed an entirely positive light on us. Plus, you can take the alliteration a bit too far (Horribly Heinous H***** Hordes).

So, I got a little frustrated with the last name. After looking around a bit, I thought maybe I should do like so many of my friends and call it Tracy and Bob. Or would it be Bob and Tracy? See, that's the rub. I wouldn't want to start a row over what order the names should be in, especially since clearly Tracy is the most important part and should be first, but Bob might, just might, feel inclined toward a spell of contrariness.

So, then I had to switch to just my name, because really, is Bob going to post anything?, and I then got bored with the whole process, and gave up as soon as I found something that alliterated (is that a word?) with my very own name and met the basic purpose of my blog. If I wait for the perfect name, I'm pretty sure I'll never get started.

There you have it: the whole fabulous story of How to Name Your Blog.

2 comments:

  1. Well it is about time. I look forward to learning about the family and being entertained. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What else do you have to do with your time but sit in front of a computer???? Good luck! I've got you on my RSS feed.

    ReplyDelete