Shoot, 5 whole posts in as many days? That's the most consistent thing I've done since the pre-children era. Ok, well, I was pretty consistent with Hannah because she's good at that, but after her, everything sort of fell apart. So, since the pre-#2,3,4 & 5 era. Whatever.
Ok, onward.
So, I was all proud of myself yesterday morning, because I had effectively eliminated THE DREAD QUESTION aforementioned. Or so it appeared. My son, the future lawyer, modified the question just a bit. Now it's "Why couldn't I?" In an increasingly difficult attempt to look at the glass as half full (and to not feel compelled to tear my hair out), I choose to look at this not as his stubborn, hardheaded, overpersistent, nitpicking, test-Mom, push-all-Mom's-buttons by sheer force behavior, but . . . must take a deep breath . . . instead as his endearing, super-intelligent, persevering, steadfast, detail-oriented, get-him-through-life, future lawyer skill. And when he's a rich lawyer, he can pay for me in my old age. Nice. I like it.
And now wish us all luck this weekend. I, believe it or not, am about to spend 24 hours children-free. Imagine that. I can't. And Daddy is going to spend those 24 hours with our five fabulous children. And even better -- he is going to spend the evening with a friend whose wife will also be absent, and their 7 kids, and their 4 neices and nephews. That's 15 kids in all. Oh, to be a fly on the wall. There's something about movies and pizza and banana splits involved. Fun stuff.
Have a good weekend. I know I will.
No comments:
Post a Comment