Thursday, March 26, 2020

And meanwhile....

I taught Sariah to cross-stitch. Two days ago. She's been a freakin' quick learner. She finished her first project today. I assisted her exactly twice: when I taught her to make the crosses, and when I taught her to backstitch. She added the hearts to the design all on her own. I'm impressed. In that amount of time, I did about six lines of 10 stitches in the project I've been working on for 20+ years, lol. She has already started a new beginner project (wait'll you see it; you'll know exactly which decade it was purchased in). Sariah's pretty amazing. I'm grateful she's got a jam for being at home right now. And I'm grateful I thought to pick up some bigger projects for her the last time I was at Walmart.



When her 7 full-time entertainers are hiding from temporarily away from her or otherwise occupied, Madeline entertains herself with the TV. She is really into listening with her headphones, which may not have actually been plugged in since I could hear every word the ponies were saying, but I don't think I could have argued this with her, so I didn't even try (because with the 4-year-old, the mom doesn't win). I love these kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment