Monday, November 15, 2010

November to Remember Football

I've never really been that into football. I like to cheer, I guess. And I like to root for the underdog. But I've never really felt a need to stay up to watch my favorite team play, or that sort of thing.

And then I became an OU student, a Sooner. I got more into football. But (dare I admit this publicly), I could still go to bed in the middle of a game and not be too concerned about it.

And then...I became the mother of a football player.
And THEN I became a football mom.
And a coach's wife.  (And dang, that coach looks good in that shirt.  He'd better, darn it!)
Yeah, I'm THAT mom.  I bring my cowbells (even though they weren't originally my idea, they were a fabulous addition to my arsenal).  And I cheer even when no one else is cheering.  I've told my boy to man up and get out there and play for real.  (And I've flinched when he's gotten an ouchie.)

I've watched my kids play basketball and softball and baseball and soccer.  But there isn't anything as exciting as watching my son play football.  One of the other football moms was talking about it today, too.  Watching your kid play football is just different, more intense than the other sports.  It's crazy, really.

But it's not going to stop me, because he loves it, and I love watching him do something he's passionate about.

2 comments: